What are Chakras? The word Chakra is a Sanskrit word meaning wheel, or disc. Chakras are spinning wheels of energy in your body. There are 7 major chakras, or energy centers in your body, and each chakra regulates different aspects of your life.
These chakras are aligned starting at the base of your spine and move up the spinal column to the crown of your head. They regulate the energy flow of your body, so if one becomes blocked you may experience symptoms such as low energy, feeling stuck, emotional, unmotivated, etc., depending on the chakra that’s blocked During a chakra balancing session I remove any blocks in your chakras and balance them, so your energy is flowing again.
For a chakra balancing session you’ll lay on the massage table fully clothed on your back. I’ll work above your body, in the energy field of each chakra. You may feel energy moving in your body as I balance each one. This session lasts about 30 minutes. After the session you may feel lighter, rebalanced, and reenergized!
The Seven Chakras
1. Root Chakra - located at the base of the Spine. The root chakra represents your identity in the world, and how you see yourself. It also regulates survival issues, such as finances, food, and shelter, the basic needs necessary to survive in the world.
2. Spleen Chakra - located in the lower abdomen about 2 inches below the naval. Regulates your emotions, passion, sexuality and creativity in your world.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra - located in the upper area of the abdomen. This is your Power center, where your confidence, self-worth, self-esteem and the ability to control our lives comes from.
4. Heart Chakra - located in the center of the chest just above the heart. This is where you have the ability to love and be loved. All types of love and loss, from spiritual love, unconditional love, joy, peace to the opposite of love such as grief, loneliness, and hate reside here.
5. Throat Chakra - Located in the throat. Regulates how we communicate in the world. Our ability to communicate our feelings, self-expression and truth whether in a negative or positive way.
6. Brow Chakra - Located in the center of the forehead between the eyes, also known as the third eye. Having intuition and the ability to see from a spiritual perspective. Imagination, wisdom, intelligence and your ability to think and make a decision. Divine ideas and wisdom come through.
7. Crown Chakra - Located at the very top of the head. This is where we’re connected to the Divine, and the ability to live our lives Spiritually. It’s also our connection to the angelic or spirit realm.Schedule an Appointment